We provide field investigations, forensic studies, testing, analysis, and rehabilitation and preservation design. EDI’s project personnel offer specialized experience and expertise in problem solving for existing and historic buildings. Experience gained from the investigation of hundreds of structures permits us to offer superior professional services in the evaluation of designs for new structures and the renovation of existing structures.
Typically, our projects involve one or more of the following:
- Exterior Walls and Windows: aesthetic, structural, and weatherproofing issues of the building envelope.
- Roofing: evaluation of existing roof system performance, and identification of construction deficiencies or defects that might affect future roof system performance.
- Parking Garages: structural and weatherproofing issues of parking garages and surface parking lots.
- Water Infiltration Studies: study and diagnosis of water infiltration through the exterior building envelope, including below-grading waterproofing, exterior walls and windows, and roof systems. Water infiltration can result in poor indoor air quality (and possible health effects) from growth of biological-organisms in damp, concealed spaces; damaged property and interior finish materials; and structural damage to concealed building materials from water-induced mechanisms, including decay, corrosion, and freeze-thaw action.
- Structures: code compliance, strength, and stability issues of the primary building frame.
- Suspended Scaffolding: structural condition and federal OSHA regulation compliance of permanent building components used by contractors for exterior building maintenance and window-washing.